In our church we believe that Christ is the central message. Our sermons are biblically based.
We believe that Christ's salvation is out there for all people, not just a chosen few.
We believe the Holy Spirit uses gifts to reach all people. Some have the gift of teaching. Some the gift of music. Some the gift of talk. We want all to be used to glorify God.
This church believes in preparing our youth for future work for God through active youth groups yearly & mission trips every other summer.
God is central in our worship service and always will be.
Our Church was founded in Louisville as a United Methodist Church that supports socially disadvantaged families through programs and faith-based growth.
Since then, our Church has expanded the scope of its community services to include community outreach and more.
The needs of 21st-century communities seem to be growing by the day. Our Church has expanded to meet these needs. Over the years, we have learned that what people need most is someone who will listen to their concerns - someone they can turn to for support when the going gets tough. And that's what our Church is all about.
The Foundations of the First United Methodist Church
The Frist United Methodist Church of Louisville was founded in the belief that communities must learn to help themselves. Our work is founded on the following five pillars of faith:
- A duty to reach out to the less fortunate
- An obligation to lead by example
- An all-inclusive approach: We help everyone regardless of their religious beliefs
- Acceptance of the fact that we, too, may someday require assistance in our time of need
- The path to salvation lies in faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and we display our thankfulness and devotion to our God by volunteering and being Christ ambassadors to the world
Find out more about our people and the history of the Louisville Church.